- An opportunity to tackle climate change and get involved in generating renewable energy. Direct involvement increases awareness of environmental issues at the grass roots level and provides an opportunity to do something positive about climate change.
- Co-op members receive annual share interest on their investment.
- The average annual share interest since the Four Winds Energy Co-op began is 2.9%
- 30% tax relief on your original contribution to the Four Winds Energy Co-op Co-op.
- One member one vote ensures your voice is heard and the board is formed from the members.
- Your original contribution returned at the end of the project or earlier if cash permits.
- An opportunity to apply to join the Board of directors through annual elections.
- Members will receive access to advice on reducing energy bills through energy conservation.
Four Winds Energy Co-op is a shareholder of Energy4All thus giving you access to the Energy4All family of co-ops to learn more about renewable energy.
The original prospectus offered:
A minimum membership level of £250 to ensure the broadest possible membership.
Priority to join the co-op was given to people living close to the Duckmanton and Shafton wind turbine sites.